October 6, 2008

Tracking Sarah Palin

I am sort of obsessed as I work on my absentee ballot stuff. I don't get a real American newspaper that I can throw down when I am ticked off. The Cancun version of the Miami Herald just doesn't cut it.
So, I watched CNN World and some DW (German TV in English) and videos on the web, and read a lot of info on hotsheet.com. I watched the VP Debate and almost lost my cookies.
Can we stop this runner up beauty queen, formerly a heartbeat away from being Miss Alaska, from being a heartbeat away from becoming Madam President?A friend at the newspaper I used to work at yesterday sent me a link to the Saturday Night Live take on the debate. It looked pretty real to me. A living joke. Good for NBC, which probably was behind removing it from YouTube before I got to it.
The Mexicans even are taking pity on us, those who follow the news. All seem to know we are in a financial crisis, with pensions built like a house of cards and war-fueled inflation biting at our heals.
It's even felt here. Costco and Walmart have to truck or airlift products here. Often products made in China, shipped and moved around the US before they get here. So Mexicans, accustomed to getting a good value are seeing skyrocketing prices from stuff US-based companies have successfully introduced to them.
No one likes where the US is headed. Not this Ohio girl. Not her Mexican friends. Oh, if I could just toss the newspaper across the room!

3 comments:

Life's a Beach! said...

I guess you can't really escape it, even in Mexico! And yesterday, Palin starting Swift-Boating Obama with the 'associates with terrorists' crap. This morning, I saw a banner headline that some of the people in her administration in Alaska have agreed to testify in the legislative hearings up there, so maybe she'll get some stones hurled back at her. We've noticed food items at Costco here going up as much as 20%. It's really scarey Zina! I'm afraid Isla could see some fallout this high season. I've noticed some people on message boards saying that they may have to cancel their reservations.

IslaZina said...

I've already had cancellations and involuntary vacations have been instituted by employers on Isla. Occupancy has fallen to 10-20 percent.

Scottozoid said...

Maybe we should just skip the ballot...
Write in TINA FEY hahahaha...