October 31, 2008

Bwahahaha! Happy Halloween!

It's going to be a witchy day! I'm up in the middle of the night, trying to figure out how to make my 12 peso witch's hat stand erect! If all the planets align, I'll be wandering the streets tonight with chocolate kisses to sell for 1 peso a piece, for PEACE, the community foundation. But a lot could go wrong between then and now.
Yesterday at lunchtime, Eriso asked that I go get three more polyduct tubes for the front fence frames. Jose got the last order wrong when he went alone, so we are short.
But when I showed up at Boxito at 2:09, they were closed and not just for lunch. A sign says that through December, their new hours are 9am to 2pm. Me thinks this is a bad thing. And an update, this may have been a one day thing, because this morning, the sign said Sunday hours. But I was the only one there.
Gringos usually go with their workers in the mornings, and usually start out before 9, say 8am, when the workers also go to make their purchases for Mexican property owners. If gringos are are doing their own work, they usually go in the afternoon, buying for the next day. Boxito usually closes at 7pm. Which by my logic suggests there is less overall home improvement and construction is being done. The recession trickles over.
And the old wooden door on the bodega (shed) disintegrated over the weekend. I know that since the carpenter hasn't come by to measure for bedroom drawers that he is likely too busy finishing up his yacht jobs to be of help. And an investment into the door was planned for next month, replacing it with an aluminum one.
So, in the meantime, I will drop by a chatarrero or two, junk men, to see if there are any spare doors around that Eriso or one of his buddies could hang on the bodega frame. AND, Oh yes, I ,owe Tidyman a few more passages for the book, which I should be writing right now instead of blogging.
All that and Halloween, too. Bwahahaha! I might not be wandering Centro selling kisses, but wandering the keyboard, tapping out words. Bwah.

No comments: