May 8, 2009

Throwing cement

My neighbor across the street, Federico was bored during the Swine Flu outbreak way north of here. So, he decided to rearrange his windows. On the left side of the screen, you see a house and stores that need repainted. I was a day late taking the picture, since a big hole had already been knocked out of the wall.
Now your see the progress and where he was heading: Puma Palace! Federico is a big Puma team fan in Mexican football. The colors are gold and blue.

When my brother was here, he exclaimed at one point: "There's a lot of money here!" Why? Because of all the cement. Well, for us, changing a wall is like hanging new curtains. Not all that expensive if you have the right masons!
So during the H1N1 scare, I had an old Mexican acquaintance do some work for me too. He painted around the new meter tower and around the pool, where the carpenter built a shade cloth roof and wall. He drained the apartments' water storage tinaco and bleach-washed inside, and refiled twice to drain the crud. He also cleared my pickle and zucchini plants and sowed seeds for chard and cantelope.
Coming soon: an update on my golf cart!

No comments: