July 20, 2010

Jackass, the Child

Eight years ago or so, I was equally appalled and amused by antics on Jackass: The Movie. Yesterday in La Gloria, I was not amused and thankfully, I was not a witness. My renters at Zina's Guest House were.
One of the 4-8 year-olds on my street found a traffic stopping game to play. He ended it as soon as his grandmother yelled him off the street.
Not named here to protect the guilty, the kid took a board and a Tonka truck to the median strip and planted himself. He set up the board to be a ramp down which he launched the Tonka truck in anticipation of oncoming motos and scooters. And then he watched them swerve and several times nearly crash so as not to hit his toy truck.
Let this be a warning to tourists who think the island is a sleepy village they can navigate safely on a scooter. You could hit a truck and maybe die! Let's hope no 4-8 year olds read this and that all their parents do.

No comments: