A year ago today, we were playing with Lora, doggie dog, when she ran outside and ate poisoned meat the municipality put out on my neighbor's steps. I blogged. So did Delfino. There have been no more random poisonings. Perhaps, she did not die in vain.
There is now a gate completing my fence and the current house dog is trained to do her business in a sand patch in the garden. About a month later, a neighbor stopped to express condolences. Her Doberman was dead inside her fenced yard when she came home. Fences are not enough, we know. Pray it does not happen again.