August 28, 2010

Hot are the Beach Days!

A fellow islander accused me of being negative yesterday when I posted on Facebook that it was HOT HOT HOT. I'm not sure when saying the truth became a negative. It's summer in the Caribbean. So I grabbed Anna, my renter, to show her a new beach.
She loved it by the Lima Rock House. We snorkeled for hours until we got too much sun, then went home and siestaed. Then we paid a visit to the man she must know as a resident. Miguel! As in Miguel's Moonlite. Anna had coconut shrimp and I, chicken Maya style.
A couple pomegranate margaritas later, we were hot AND happy!
I'm thinking Anna must not have smiled that big at her retirement party a month ago! Yes, we are HOT HOT HOT in the Caribbean.

2 comments:

Vee said...

Zina, I woke up around 4 a.m. today, couldn't get back to sleep, so puttered around on the computer for awhile. Checked the weather on Isla out of curiousity, and it was 81 degrees w/heat index of 87. At 4 a.m.

IslaZina said...

Vee, I am so happy to hear that. I thought the Ghost of Past Hot-flashes was back!