December 6, 2008

Just an illusion


This is the tranquil Hacienda, SAT, the equivalent of the IRs. It has to be the most tranquil government agency in Mexico. It has to have something to do with the decor, the piped in music and pleasant WOMEN revenue agents.

This is Pacal and Anne-Marie. I couldn't get the picture of the three of us to upload, or you'd see how he usually poses with short women in his life: A lunge so he doesn't tower over them and also confound the picture taker. They are such a nice couple! I say that about all the people who love Lora!
Anne-Marie is a dog rights activist and vegan. Boy, vegans eat a lot of cheese! She says it's just easier on the road. Tomorrow, they hop the big plane to Montreal, maybe never to dive in Quebec again. I'll say one thing for Pascal. Both his English and Spanish improved here. My comprehension of French increased as well! I'll miss them.

5 comments:

Islagringo said...

I was thinking about your blog today, after reading yesterday's entry. Surely the name of your blog is tongue in cheek? You do NOT live the vida floja!!

IslaZina said...

None of us do, do we? Everything in paradise is a chore! Thanks for the comment Wayne. I am slowly recovering!
Now bla bla Christmas. I have ironing to do for the table cloth at the entrance and need to sleep in one of the apartments so see if it's ready! Hey, I get to watch cable in bed, something I can't do in my own place! Yes, la vida floja!

Scottozoid said...

Oh I am soooooo ready to be able to lie down in that bed in the apartment and watch Mexican cable TV...hang the hamaca from the hooks and sway while I snooze...and putter around the place while getting ready for another beach day.

Little kids everywhere are counting down the days to Christmas with their visions of sugarplums et al...me, I am counting down the days to Christmas for entirely different reasons...

I put in 52 "official" hours on my "official" time sheet at work this week, plus another 12 "official" hours at my seasonal work gig. That's a 64 hour work week this week plus prep time and getting to and from, makeup and costume and laundry for the S. Claus gig...I need a vacation!

The cell phone stays in Dallas and the e-mail goes to "out of office assistant" and my earnest and able but naive young Assistant Manager gets to "sink or swim" while I...just...swim...

How about 2X1 Mojitos at Miguel's on Christmas Day?

See ya soon!

IslaZina said...

Oh yeah, baby! Mojitos on Christmas day! Sounds perfect!

Scottozoid said...

Mojitos are so Christmas-y I mean after all, with the mint and everything and maybe the rum harks back to like Charles Dickens or something like that?

No candy canes though. I have seen enough candy canes for one year already and it's only half way through the Santa Season!